Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SNOW DAY!!!

Before the alarm clock went off I heard the wind.
I was such a cozy bug in a rug in my bed.
5:36 a.m. I rolled out of bed.
I took a bath
Weighed myself
Came downstairs and checked the school closings.

Yes...a 2 hour delay!
Hobart schools...nothing.
Ha!
I went back into bed and Tammy gave me the evil eye.

I decided to go out and shovel.
I flew around the driveway like a kid.
I went and did the neighbor's driveway too.
Salted and everything.

Leslee runs out and says Hobart schools are closed.
What about me?
Nope...you still have school she says.
Damn her.

2 hour delay means we start at 9:15.
At 7:55 every school in the area has closed for the day.
Not us!!!
I kept hitting refresh on the computer, but no love.

I was PISSED.
It's snowing like no other.
The forecast calls for 8 to 12 inches of snow.
The snow advisory is in effect until midnight tonight.
In other words...it's not going to stop snowing until later tonight.

BUT WE STILL HAVE SCHOOL?!?!?

So, as I cussed my head off...I got ready for school.
My hair was matted down from my snow hat.
I had long johns on and comfy pants.
Boots.
A fake Budweiser t-shirt that says Bahamas instead.
And a white sweatshirt over that.
I said screw it.
I'm not changing.
This is what they get.

So, at 8:10 I left my house.
Again...cussing all the way to school.

Now..I'm going to exercise my freedom of speech here for a minute.
The assistant superintendent is in charge of calling off school.
He prides himself on not calling off...ever.
Now...I understand if it snowed overnight and it's supposed to stop in the morning.
Ok...2 hour delay to plow and get your butts to school.
BUT...when the forcast says it's going to continue to snow ALL DAY?
What is there to think about fool?
Do you think they are freaking lying????
BLIZZARD warnings right now on my TV screen!
It only takes ONE deadly accident.
Just ONE.
Then he would be sorry.

I decided to stop for some gas because I didn't want my car to freeze up.
I pull into the gas station and my editor called me.
"Happy snow day!" she said.
I was so mad!!
I was 5 minutes from school and now the moron calls school off?!
What about all the other teachers who live further than me?

*grumble**shakes head*

I look in front of me and see my teacher friend Rhonda.
I honk.
Yes...we have no school.
Luckily this gas station had a Burger King!
So, Rhonda and I ate breakfast and then went home.

I got home and my driveway needs shoveling again.
I want to go sledding.
I want to go back to sleep.
I want to cuddle and watch movies.
I want to curl up and read.
I want to clean and organize something.
Oh...what to do with my snow day??!?!

But...now we have to make this day up in June.
Bitch if you don't get a snow day...
And Bitch if you DO get a snow day!!!
Damn teachers...can never keep them happy.

No comments: