Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My New Roof




Ok..I've been absent for awhile.
Do you want to know why?

Oh yes...I'm a crazy lesbian.
Tammy and I ripped off our own roof!
AND we are putting a new one on all by ourselves!

Ok...maybe not TOTALLY by ourselves.
We have some help.
Our transgendered plummer/now roofer knows what she's doing.

We started last Thursday and ripped off the top two roofs.
FYI...we had a waterfall in our front door.
It was leaking.
Over the weekend we replaced the roof.
Last night and tonight we ripped off the garage.

#1...do you know how bad my body aches?
#2...do you know how long it takes to pick up shingles and nails from your lawn?
#3...do you know how many blisters I have?....answer...3.
#4...do you know how many black and blue marks I have?...I just counted 32.
#5...do you know how long it takes to hammer in each nail without a nail gun?
#6...do you know how insane we are for taking on this project?

All I have to say is that this is one of my favorite family adventures.
I have felt so fulfilled this past week.
Working together as a team to get this done is amazing.
The friends that have showed up to help are the best.
Even though my body hurts...it's worth it.
How many people can say they have torn down and put up their own roof?

When this project is complete I am going to feel so satisfied.
I really don't think I have accomplished anything this big before.
Besides graduating college!

1 comment:

Allyson Ripple said...

Aww, it’s so cute to hear how you guys worked on the roof together as a team! I’m glad that you found a way to get your roof fixed and to bond even closer. I hope that the roof job you all did stood up to the harsh tests of the weather over these past few years!