Monday, November 12, 2007

My Rosie Adventure

Me and Kelly

Rosie and I


Ahhh...my Rosie O'Donnell adventure!
My great friend Kelly is a HUGE Rosie fan.
HUGE...obsessed...scary to some.
One of her life goals was to meet her one day.
Out of the blue she emailed me and said...
"I did it...I'm going to New York...I bought a ticket."
Rosie was doing a comedy show on Nov. 6 at Lincoln Center.

Well heck...I wanted to go too!!!

To make a long story short...
I found my way to New York.
Kelly and I stayed with her friend Luisa in Queens.
Super cool chick. SUPER.

On Tuesday morning Kelly and I went into the city
And found Borders with no problem.
We ate some breakfast and then hung out in line for the book signing.
We were about third in line and made some great friends.

Rosie came around 1 p.m. and that's when Kelly lost her mind.
Her hero was less than 10 feet away from her.
I went up before Kelly.
I asked if she remembered me from the cruise and showed her a picture.
She said yes and asked how the family was.
She signed my book.
I gave her a Constitution Day t-shirt.
She signed my Peace t-shirt.
We took a picture and I told her I'd see her at the show that night.

If you want to read about Kelly's experience you have to read her blog.
Her link is on the right of my page.
You just have to hear it from her point of view.
It's amazing.

After the book signing we headed for some lunch.
It was so much fun hanging out with new people.
People that have bonded on the internet and never met before.
Call us nerds, but it was actually really cool.

Then we went to Rosie's art show.
Awesome stuff.
What happened next was crazy and wild.
We just happened to stumble upon Rosie's driver.
Hung out and saw Rosie and Roseanne Barr come out of her apartment.
We yelled good luck and then headed for a bar.

The comedy show was great.
Rosie and Roseanne were equally funny.
Third row seats were awesome.

All in all...it was a great little adventure and I'm happy I went!
To see more pictures...check out my flickr site.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, wasn't that Art Show amazing? I almost forgot about that. Think we scared Rosie's driver?? He seemed pretty happy to have all those girls hanging on him. :)

Anonymous said...

ummmm...we are so not nerds....

liz