Monday, January 14, 2008

We'll Miss You Julian!


Photo taken by BJ.

On Saturday we got a phone call that our Polish neighbor Julian died.
He was 84 years old.

He was the nicest, little old man I have known in a long time.
He would always call Tammy and I, "pretty ladies!"
He loved to give us hugs.

He was obsessive with his lawn, sidewalk and street.
He would cut his lawn shirtless.
And I have to say...he was a very fit and handsome mane for 84!
I tried to beat him this summer by cutting my lawn just before he did.
But every time I would go out...he would go out.
Dang him!

He loved to watch me BBQ
And ask what was cookin!
I loved to watch him shoo his own cat away in his driveway.
It cracked me up.

Whenever we had construction projects going on...
Julian was always there
To make sure the worker guys weren't taking advantage of his "pretty ladies."

He and his wife Josephine adopted Ashlee.
He called her his "American Pink Princess."
He would take her to Dunkin Donuts.

We are really going to miss Julian.
Especially his smile, his accent, his laugh, his kindness and his wave.

1 comment:

Historygrl said...

what a very sweet memorial. I can tell you loved him -