Monday, March 24, 2008

Book Review #12

I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns yesterday.
This was a book that our English Department nerds
Decided to read for our little book club that we started.
We always talk about books at lunch and thought
Why not read the same book and have an excuse
To get together, eat, drink and hang out?

It took a little time to pick a book
Because they wanted something that everyone would enjoy.
This book was a very tough one to get through.
All I have to say is that I'm glad that I am a woman living in America.
At some points this book was very difficult to read.
Sarah even said that she wasn't sure if she could continue reading it.
I told her she had to because it would make her aprreciate
Her life with her husband and little boy even more.

It was a very emotional book.
And I am impressed that it was written by a man
From the voice of two different women.
It makes me want to read his other book...The Kite Runner.

4 out of 4 Sticky Notes.

No comments: