Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tristyn Grace is here!





Our little Cubs fan!














Ready to roll home.













Holy crap, I had a baby!













Celeberation steak dinner at the hospital. The steak was pretty good. I ate the whole thing. Tammy's tasted like liver.







At noon on Tuesday I was in Skokie, IL saying hi to Rosie O'Donnell.
By 10:08 p.m., I had a beautiful baby girl in my arms.

Tristyn Grace was 6 lbs., 1 oz and 19 inches long. (And PERFECT)
I haven't heard her cry since she came out.



The whole experience was one of the coolest things that I've ever done in my life.
The first time I saw her I thought that she was beautiful... and gooey... and slippery.
Bringing her home was so much fun because I pretended to be a tour guide to show her all the new stuff.



Physically I feel sore all over.
Mentally, I am on cloud nine... mainly because the nurse told me I can't do any housework for 6 weeks.
Emotionally, I am so calm, the most calm I have been all year.



Tristyn is doing great.
She is eating like a mad woman tonight.
We are both just chillin' and going through millions of photos.

Thanks for all the support from everyone that texted, called, commented and called to say congratulations. Now, come over and meet her!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carrie! How exciting for you and your family!
She is adorable, too.
Abby

Kim aka Mommy said...

OMG, Carrie! She's just beautiful!

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you and Tammy! Congrats again!

(you've given me hope again. thanks for the lucky belly rub. I gotta feelin' it just might work?

Unknown said...

I followed the link form Mommies to 3 Flowers. Congratulations! Your little girl is so beautiful. You guys make quite the adorable family. I saw Rosie on June 11th. (She was here in Michigan performing for True Colors).

SassyFemme said...

She is absolutely beautiful and precious!

Congratulations to you Tammy!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Congrats! She is adorable and what a cute name.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful baby-- good job!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sarah V said...

I want more Tristyn! More!

Sparroweye said...

My only daughter always said she never wanted children. Well, after her baby was born, I said, Did you ever think you could love anything this much? And she said, "it just blew me away. Like Rosie said, Suddenly the world was in technicolor. Babies can do that to you. She sure is a beauty.♥