Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Flooded Munster

Rafting down White Oak Ave.


Bulldozer on Fairway Ave.


Channel 2 news in front of my mom's neighbor's house.

Water two houses down from Mom's.





Yesterday I went out to my Mom's house in Munster.
As I drove the back roads I kept running into road blocks.
I had a very scenic view of the Region.
As I drove down Ridge Road and looked north
My stomach began to drop.
I drove down Kraay and could see water.
I was able to pull into my Mom's driveway
Since the water stopped right BEFORE her house.
I ran into her house and immediatley went to the basement.
It was dry as a bone.
DRY.


This is a video of her street.
She was very lucky.
She called a little bit ago.
A house or garage exploded somewhere in town.
It shook the entire town and flames rose 8 stories.
But that is all hearsay for now.
I will have to watch the news.


We all went back to school today.
Mom doesn't go back to work until Monday.
She also got an order to not return to her house.
Keep praying.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy CRAP! First of all, YOUR MOM WAS RIGHT! Till the day you die, she can tell you that now and you have to listen! lol And your mom is so lucky. I'm so glad it stopped rising before her house. Her poor neighbors.

What's the update on the explosion?