Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Baby Food, Christmas Break and More!

Guess what I did on Monday night?
You'll never guess.

I made my own baby food!
Yes, I was all domesticated and creative.
I figured it was time to start sending real food
With Tristyn for lunch.
I went to the store and picked up
Apples, pears, carrots, green beans, bananas and peas.
I cooked them according to the instruction manual that came with Tristyn
Whipped them up in our new Magic Bullet
And TA-DA!

I put the bananas in an ice cube tray to freeze.
I saved some old baby food containers and put the rest in those.
She LOVED the apples and the pears.
HATED the peas last night.
I tried them and they were pretty gross.
We did give her a tomato slice to nibble on
And she thought it was the funniest thing ever!
And...she ate pratically the entire thing.

She has two little bumps on the bottom of her gums.
Those teeth should be popping through any day now.
She can sit up like a champ now.
No crawling yet.
She can go backwards and get stuck under the couch though!
She is talking up a storm and growing some hair.

She LOVES her brother and sisters.
She sings all the way to school in the car with Ashlee.
Leslee loves playing in their room together and giving her clarinet concerts.
BJ loves to make her fly like Super Nug.
Tristyn was also very happy to go back to daycare after two weeks.
I think she missed the other kids and Miss Cheryl and Mike.
She was worn out on Monday night!

Christmas was awesome except for the part when the adults got sick.
Thank goodness none of the kids caught it.
Tristyn's favorite toy is the Polar Coaster from Grandma.
Ok...really...it's my favorite.
I love watching the balls go down the slide.
Nug loves the polar bear and how she sings.

I spent a great night on New Year's Eve with Leslee and Ashlee.
Leslee beat me at Wii bowling about 3 times and I was ticked.
Then we played Mario Party and I beat her.
At midnight all the kids went out and beat pots and pans and acted like fools.
Tristyn woke up with a big smile and partied a little bit and fell back to sleep.

I'm glad to be back at work.
It was a good two week break from things.
Finals are next week and then it's all down hill from there.
Spring Break, Journalism Banquet, Prom, Senior Banquet, Graduation
Crap...
Before I know it...Tristyn will be 1!

2 comments:

Erin and Rich said...

It's going by waaaayyy tooo fast! Time seriously just needs to slow down! I love reading about her! She's so precious! See you in 2 weeks! AAHHHHH

MamaD said...

Wow, you're way more domestic than I ever got. Happy New Year to you and yours...