Friday, February 20, 2009

Explore

It's a pretty calm Friday night here at home.
I ate some pizza and fed Nug some corn and apples
Or pears...I couldn't tell because I forgot to label the container.
After getting her ready for bed and having a little bottle
She is in full exploration mode.

She has a whole colorful mat full of toys and stuffed animals.
What does she choose to play with?
Tammy's slippers.
Then the computer cords.
And a pair of shorts that need to be put away.
She then crawled to her car seat and tried
Pulling the entire thing across the floor.
Then she found a plastic bag with frames in it.
That made a fun noise and crinkled.
She has now crawled to the shoe mat by the door and found her OWN shoe.
And she's eating it.
Banging it on the floor.
Playing with the shoe strings.
While sitting, propped up against the end table.

Now she found the handle to the drawer of the end table.
That could entertain her for a good half hour.
My phone just rang and she has the biggest smile on her face!
She always wants to know who I'm talking to.

Woah...she just took a tumble.
Almost summersault like.
Just a minor spill...no bumps or tears.
Istead of jumping up...I just yelled...TA-DAaaaa!
And she thought her tumble was the funniest thing.

She's a little kid.
She's not a baby anymore.
She is an exploring little person
Always on the go and
Learning new stuff all the time!

This is the time I was waiting for.
The time where she isn't sleeping and pooping all the time.
When she is on the move and ready to soak in everything around her.
I love how she is checking out that shoe all by herself.
Independent learning.
She's such a big girl.

God motherhood is so much fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're perfect for it too Carrie - motherhood. Its been amazing as a friend to sit back and watch how this little one has changed you. You can tell in all your words and in your pictures how much you love her so. I'm so happy for you!

Sarah V said...

I know I know I know... she's a big girl now. But what does that make Miles?

SO I refuse. She's still a baby. So is Miles. hmph