Friday, January 22, 2010

Oprah and Rosie

I couldn’t imagine my life under a microscope.
Having the world watch and comment on every move I made.
Every life decision regarding jobs, health, family, love…
I think it would be very daunting, stressful and give me lots of anxiety.

Going to the Oprah show on Thursday was a huge positive in my life.
Recently, life has been a little crazy
It has taken its toll on my soul.


Having KellyW fly in from D.C. meant more than anything.
I was so happy to have someone new over to my house.
To meet Tristyn for the first time.
Meet my friends.
Eat my food.
To just hang out on the couch and
To see where I live my life.
It was so good to have a new positive energy in my home.

On Thursday we woke up around 4:15 a.m.
Scared that the roads would be icy
We left early and got to the studio around 6:15 a.m.

The line wasn’t too bad and we didn’t have to wait outside for long.
They took our coats, cell phones, cameras, purses and checked them.
We gave them our reservation and signed a release form.
Then we sat up in the greenroom for an hour and a half.

Two audience members decided to be cheerleaders and pump up the crowd.
Kelly and I found them annoying.
We were trying to make new friends and we couldn’t even hear.
One cheerleader in particular gave me anxiety.
She ate soup in the greenroom.
She MADE people participate in her crowd wave.
She ran after a producer lady to talk to her.
When they called her group number to head to the studio
She ran and charged over people to be first in line.
She sat in the front row.
She got on stage.
She nodded her head when Oprah and Rosie said ANYTHING.
And she was in my line of sight the whole time.

Oprah came out in bare feet.
Then sat down to put on her beautiful high heels.
She wore a brown skirt and shirt.
Seconds before the show started
Her assistant was on stage with her
Lint rolling her boobs.
Right in front of everyone while Oprah just read her notecards.
It cracked me up.

Before we knew it, the show had started.
And out came Rosie!
She wore all black of course.
Her hair looked great and she looks like she lost a few pounds.

Rosie talked about everything so candidly.
Menopause, the radio show, her kids,
The new documentary, her breakup and her new love interest.
They showed clips from her early stand up days,
At home doing the radio show,
From the new documentary, A Family Is A Family Is A Family,
And clips from her blog videos.

I didn’t know how hard the discussion about the documentary
And Rosie’s break up from Kelli
Would hit me.
I haven’t even seen the movie yet.
I don’t think I can.

Since Tammy and I broke up
And she moved out
I haven’t really dealt with the emotional side of it.
Until yesterday.
I kind of lost it. (Sorry Kel)
Things Rosie said and things shown in the clip
Really hit home
And I’m still processing it all.

During a commercial break Rosie took a sip of water.
She almost fell off the chair because the glass had a silver straw in it.
Yes…silver.
Oprah said, “There’s no plastic in here!”

When the show was over Rosie took a picture with the blog winners.
She gave out some hugs.
And Oprah thanked the audience.
They were both very kind.

After the show we met up with our friend Arthur.He works at the John Hancock Tower
And got us passes to go up to the observatory.
First we ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory
And holy cow…I had about 2 more meals with my leftovers.
We did a little shopping and then drove Arthur home.

Heading south on Lake Shore Drive
We passed all the museums and Soldiers Field.
I then dropped Kelly off at Midway so she could catch her flight home.It was kind of early and I’m sure she had to wait a long time.

I’m sorry I didn’t have the internet at my house Kel!
But I think you handled it well.
And at least channel 32 came in for American Idol.
*Phew!*

Don’t forget to look for us on Monday, Jan. 25 on the Oprah show.
We were sitting behind Rosie’s head in the balcony…front row…by the aisle.
Kelly wore red and I wore black and turquoise.







3 comments:

Historygrl said...

I'm happy that you got to see Oprah and Rosie. I'm also sorry to hear about Tammy. I mean, I thought that was the case, but I didn't want to ask. I'm just really sad to hear that you are sad....
You are so lovely, Carrie. I'm one of your (non-annoying) cheerleaders.

Unknown said...

Care, I'm sorry the documentary talk hit you so hard. A broken heart takes a while to heal. I haven't been through what you're going through but that I do know. You are a fabulous hostess who made some pretty wonderful soup too! I'm so happy I got to meet Tristyn and your friends. Can't wait to come again! Thanks for having me and for taking me to ROprah. xo

Jyl said...

that's awesome kelly got to come to your home, your world....and meet tristyn of course! glad she was there for you to share your emotions with!!!! cant wait to see you guys on tv tomorrow!