Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Do You Do?

What do you do
When an older woman comes to your door
And has no where to go?
Has slept in her car
For four nights.
Needs a place to stay.
Is willing to pay.

You take her in of course.
Tell her she can stay
Until she can find another place to lay.

At a time when chaos needs to be eliminated
I take on more.
Family and friends think I'm crazy.
And yell at me to say no.
But in the past couple of months
I have received so much.

God is telling me
It is my time to give back.
Something so simple
As offering a bed.

Aunt Barb is my new roommate for now.
She's not even MY aunt.
She's Tammy's aunt.
But she calls me her niece.
She sneaks Tristyn cookies.
She got ABC to come in on my TV.
She cleaned my entire kitchen.
And scrubbed out my fridge.
She loves ice tea.

3 comments:

Liz said...

i'd probably do the same thing... idk- i think everything happens for a reason.

besides, it is hard to say 'no' to someone so desperately in need.

you have a big heart. :)

Sparroweye said...

Yes, you do have a huge heart. I don't think If someone came to me and had no place to stay, I could turn them away. Of course once they got a look at my spare bedroom. They might prefer a tent.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

you are an amazing example to your kids! What a great person and mommmy to open your home and your heart! AMAZING!!!!