Thursday, February 02, 2012

Burrows and Buzz Cuts

My kid has been schooling me lately in a couple of areas.
Yesterday she says to me, "Tomorrow is Groundhog's Day Mommy!"
I said, "Yes it is! Do you know what happens on Groundhog's Day?"
She nodded her head and I proceeded to tell her how the little guy
Pops up from his hole in the ground and looks for his shadow.
She stops me right there.
"Mommy, a groundhog lives in a burrow."

Of course he does Tristyn.
Mommy just thought that the word "hole" would be more on your level!
Guess not.

Then we were reading a childrens book
About President Obama and how his family got a dog.
On one page there are portraits of some presidents with their dogs.
Out of curiosity I asked Tristyn if she noticed anything different about Obama.
At first she looked and said, "Nope!"
Then she looked again.
In my head I'm thinking...hello? He's the only African American one!
She says, "Oh yeah! Obama is the only one that doesn't have any hair!"
Because of course all of the other guys had old, white hair and
Obama has a short buzz cut.

No comments: