Friday, March 10, 2006

2.5 Seconds of Fame

On Wednesday night we went to the HBO screening of All Aboard! Rosie's Family Cruise.
It was at the AMC in dowtown Chicago.
I brought Tammy, my mom and my brother.
My sister and her fiance couldn't make it.
It was a great night!

We found some seats and then went to get free popcorn and pop.
Kelli saw us and said hi and gave us hugs.
I was amazed that she remembered our names.
With all the people she meets...how can she remember our names?
She's good.

The movie was awesome.
I saw my face for 2.5 seconds.
I think my brother really liked the film.
He told me afterwards...I never thought of it as a vacation away from prejudice.
He thought it was just a fun vacation.
He also told me he was thinking of going to a gay/straight alliance meeting on campus.
Wow.
I love my brother.

My mom enjoyed the film too.
I think.
She doesn't say too much.
Maybe it just all needed to sink in.

There was a buffet dinner after the show at a hotel near by.
Wow...good food.
We sat with a family we met at the Chicago COLAGE meeting in December.
Kelli and a couple that was in the film and a lawyer from Lambda Legal held a Q&A.
It was a really nice evening out.

It made me sad because we can't go to Alaska.
We need to start saving our pennies now for 2007!
I also need a new job that pays MORE than a stinking teacher's salary.

All Aboard! Rosie's Family Cruise....HBO...April 6th.
Watch it! It's good.

No comments: