Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Birthday Tattoo







Happy Birthday to me!
The Big 30 and I decided to get a tattoo!
I have wanted a tattoo for a long time now.
I just didn't know what to get it of or where to put it on my body.
It's just so permanent.
And then it just came to me.

I wanted something pretty and something that involved rainbow colors.
Gotta show my gay pride.
I wanted to have the kid's initals in it somehow.
I decided on a vine with green leaves.
Intertwined in the vine are the initials A, L, B and L.
Ashlee, Leslee, BJ and Louis (that's my dad who died in 1989).

Drew, the tattoo artist, took my rough sketch and created awesome art.
I was so happy with his drawing.

I will admit to taking an old Codine from the gastric bypass days.
I think it helped with the pain a little bit.
It didn't really hurt as much as I thought it would.
It felt like someone was burning me, but it really wasn't bad.
Actually if I watched Drew work, it hurt less.
Some people would freak out at the sight of the needles.
Not me.


The entire tattoo took 3 hours to complete.
I love it.
Mom is less than thrilled with it, but oh well.
I'm 30 years old.
I thought about this for a while.
It's femine.
It's on my arm.
I love it.
It represents many aspects of ME.

I'm ready to get another one.
Who wants to go with me?




No comments: