Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sudoku Obsession

Lately I've been obsessed with Sudoku puzzles.
Every day after school (and during our plan hours)
Rhonda, Sarah and I compete.
We print out the same puzzle and race
To see who gets done first.
Sometimes we do an easy one.
Sometimes we go for a medium one.

I NEVER WIN!!!!

Racing against those geniuses gives me anxiety.
Their brains just work faster than mine!
There is no way I am EVER going to beat them!
Yet...
I keep printing out more puzzles
And more puzzles
And more puzzles.
I think we've gone through a ream of paper so far.
Seriously.

It's just a bunch of numbers!
You wouldn't think it's that hard.
BUT IT IS!!!
My brain starts racing so fast
Sometimes it can't even concentrate.

I look over and they are making little marks
In those little boxes.
I start to hyperventilate.
I fill in a number here
And a number there.
And sure enough....
Six to ten minutes later
Sarah is yelling out...
DONE!

They have beaten me so many times
That now they secretly stay quiet when they're done.
So I don't get discouraged.
Isn't that sweet of them?

ONE DAY....

I WILL BEAT THEM BOTH!!!!

I just need more practice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family today! I hope we get to see pictures! :) Me