Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Busy House

Craziness, craziness, craziness.
Is the school year over YET?
Seriously.

So, last Tuesday we had a really bad storm.
Around 2 p.m. our power went out.
We didn't get power back until
FRIDAY EVENING!
That's 3 days without power people.

Therefore...
We had to throw out a ton of food
And our back up battery for our sump pump died.
Yes...died.
Which led to the flooding of our basement.
About 2 inches of water.
Which led us to tearing out our carpeting
And half of our house smelling like yuck.
Sorry I didn't tell you mom...I just thought you would panic
Because you hate water.
But we are all alive and happy and that's all that matters.
And hey...this mess has just led us to actually cleaning the utility room.

Our soccer team still hasn't won a game.
Our last one is Saturday and I think we might just do it.
Maybe.

Leslee is on a little school basketball team/tournament thing.
Which means more running around the town for this week.

What else is going on in our house?
We started bashing out the upstairs bathtub and walls!
One day our house will be clean.
And all put together.
But right now it's a mess.
So sorry if I don't invite anyone over.

On a lighter note...
We have a new dog!
Yes mom...I know...you're rolling your eyes and going, "Whhaat?"
"You hate animals Carrie!"
Well...I've changed.
This puppy is a girl named Mara.
She's a black little weiner dog.
Our other dog LOVES her and they are good friends.
She was free! (That's the great part)
And don't blame her staying here on anyone but me.
Because I'm the one that fell in love with her and said she could stay.
I know...Tammy wanted to get me saying that on film.

So...we have...
3 kids
2 dogs
2 mommies
1 cat
1 fish
3 squatters or random visitors
And a partridge in a pear tree!

I love my house and my crazy life.
If I was 115 lbs. heavier I would probably be tired.
But I'm not and I love it.
Life is so much fun!
...And I'm not being sarcastic for once!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!
i'm glad you're so happy and that life is good! Mom is gonna freak when she hears you had a flood! but hey, if it makes you clean, then THANK HEAVEN IT FLOODED :)
So you have a new, free dog? Where's the new, (cheap) hot tub? hehehehe...
*jules

Historygrl said...

C - that's great! you sound so great. The problems with the power-outage and flooding would be enough to set anyone over the edge, but you are taking it all in stride. That's awesome. :)
Sounds like you have a lot going on, but you sound wonderfully content with it all. Have fun with the new pup. BTW: BJ's quotes are hilarious.