Monday, September 15, 2008

Holy Floods!

I think I should have built an ark.
It rained for approximatley 4 days straight.
On Saturday morning we had a foot of water in our basement.
NIPSCO came out and shut our power off.
We unplugged everything down there and re-plugged in our sump pump.
It finally turned back on and pumped out all of the water.
Thank God because the water was POURING in.
Melissa said she saw it seeping through the walls and under the stairs.
I couldn't look.
Melissa even got in a RubberMaid tub and floated around down there!
I had huge puddles in my backyard and back lot.
I would consider them small lakes.
Since the hot water heater is water logged...
The kids took showers outside.
Talk about making the best out of a crappy situation.
We're ok.

My mom on the other hand lives in Munster.
They were on Good Morning America.
The Little Calumet River burst at the seems.
My mom lives right down the road from it.
Last night they were told to evacuate.
Kevin went back to the house because he was too stressed.
The entire day she packed up her house.
Thank you to all the friends that helped to store her stuff.
The last time I heard from her
The state police were parked in front of her house.
The river was up to her driveway.
I hope my Dad is up there putting his bubble over her house.

We didn't have school today and are off again tomorrow.
All of the roads are flooded everywhere.
We tried to get to Hobart High School and couldn't!
This is a video of Lake George in Hobart.
My little puddle in the family room and basement
Seem like nothing compared to all of that mess.

No comments: