Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crazy Start To The Summer

I am exhausted.
Tired.
Could sleep for a week if I could.

On Saturday we had Tristyn's 1st Birthday party.
At our house.
About 40 to 50 people.
The entire week before was used to clean and prepare.
I don't think my house has even been that clean.
It was a lot of work...inside and out.

The party was so much fun!
We had La Quesadilla cater it
And our friend Carl made the Elmo cake.
Tristyn had a blast!
She loved opening her presents and eating her cake.
Please click on the flickr box on the right to see all the photos.
Miss Sarah did most of the shooting and she was awesome!
Nug was on a sugar high from the frosting
And crashed around 10 p.m.
She's so cute.

On Sunday my mom, Julie, Brian, me and Nug went to the beach.
Tristyn's first trip to Lake Michigan.
She LOVED it of course.
Loved the water, the sand, the nap on the blanket, seagulls...

Then at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday night my mom calls
And says she's going to the ER.
Her stomach had been bothering her all day
And it was getting worse.
A little before midnight she said that it was her appendix
And needed surgery.
I went out to Munster and stayed the night with her.
Julie, Brian, Kevin and my aunt and uncle came Monday morning.
She went into surgery around noon.
Everything went well.
I ran home while she was in surgery
Took a shower, packed, packed Tristyn, etc.
Then went back to Mom's house.
Packed her some stuff, let Nug nap and ate something.
I went back to the hospital and finally saw Mom again around 5:30 p.m.
She looked so much better!

Nug and I spent the night at Grandma's house.
We went back to the hospital this morning and hung out.
Kevin came back and then I left to go take care of some things.
I dropped Tristyn off with Tammy and then went home and crashed.
I napped from 3 until 6.
Then back to Munster.
I brought Mom some ice cream and just hung out and watched TV.
We walked up and down the hallway.
The surgeon finally came in.
He is such a hunk.
Said she looked good and could go home tomorrow.

Now it's 11:17 p.m. and I should be in bed.
But I'm up eating potato chips and dip and putzing around online.
At least there is air conditioning here!

Hoepfully things will calm down a bit soon.
Wait.
Saturday...meeting in Indianapolis.
Sunday...pride parade in Chicago.
Monday and Tuesday...teaching a workshop at school.
Oh yeah...and tomorrow Leslee turns 13 and Monday BJ turns 9.
But they're in Tennessee with their dad.

Ok...now I need a nap for real.
I'm tired.

No comments: