Friday, September 04, 2009

Bloody Disaster

Tristyn is a little drunken sailor.
She's walking a lot better now that she has good shoes.
But she still falls down
A LOT.

Yesterday we were at the library
And she fell down the stairs.
Mainly because she insists on going down like an adult...
One foot at a time.
She hit her head on the cement step
And got a little red bump on her left side of her forhead.

This past weekend she walked straight into the dining room chair.
A cut and a black and blue mark appeared
Minutes later.

Then the grand finale...
Yesterday...after the library...
We were playing outside.
Tristyn decided to walk to our neighbor's house
All by herself.
She was standing in her driveway playing with her cat
When all of a sudden
She fell on her face.
It was kind of graceful
And then turned into a Ninja roll.

Blood trickled down the side of her mouth.
Tears ran down her cheeks.
Her little mouth was in the shape of a square.
I freaked.
I couldn't see her top tooth.
Thought it was gone.
Turns out..it was just bloody and the gum is swollen.
She bit her lip and it's all puffy.
And she bit her tongue...huge sore there.

I got a wash cloth and wiped her up.
I let her suck on a pink princess ice pack from Grandma.
She stopped crying about 2 minutes later.
What a trooper.
My little wobbly girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, the "ninja roll" made me laugh out loud but POOR TRISTYN! Can you imagine if we fell as much as toddlers? I would be in traction for weeks living one day as a toddler.

You're a good mommy Care.

Sparroweye said...

I'm dreading Felicity taking off. While we were babysitting this week she took five and six steps alone They have a huge brick fireplace that she loves. We asked them to bubble wrap it. They have marble tile floors, and Felicity is speedy gonzales, I just know she will run when she walks. She staggers too when she takes steps. I dread it.