Monday, April 16, 2012

Babies, Babies, Babies

At work it seems like every three weeks
Someone is having a baby.
My librarian had a girl in January.
The guidance counselor had a boy a couple of weeks ago.
Sarah is leaving to have ...something...this week!
Then Betty's welcoming Clark in May.
And Kate...another little dude after that!
Am I missing anyone???

*Sigh*
I want another baby.
*Sigh*

Ok...that's out and over with.
I know that I can't really have another baby.
I can't afford another child.
I really like the one I got!
I can't even imagine taking care of two children on my own.

Who would have thought that I would want another child?
The one who NEVER wanted to be pregnant?
Go figure.

I love being a mom.
Everything about it is just awesome.
And I love watching Tristyn grow and learn.

Sometimes I just want a little nugget around again.
To hear the sounds.
To smell their heads.
To change their diapers...I always thought it was like a surprise!
To feed them and have them stare up at you.
To fiddle with those little toes.
To kiss that softest skin you will ever feel.
To just stare at that peaceful little child.

I guess the best way to look at this is
That I can borrow these other children and then give them back!
I can smell them
Play
Feed
Poke
Hug and smooch
And then hand them over to the parents when I'm tired!

I'm good with just my one.
But I will babysit anytime!


 

2 comments:

Becky said...

I feel your pain. Sometimes I feel like I want another one like...right now, but I know it's not the right time yet.

Sparroweye said...

I understand completely. I would have been one of those Mom's with six kids. But at some point you realize you want to have enough energy and love for what you've got. Or, as every big family knows, you delegate. Bigger ones help raise the littles. And just fyi a friend who was in a big family like that, chose to have no children. She said she had already raised one family.