Monday, May 19, 2008

Baby Shower!

Me, my Mom and my sister Julie.

The beautiful table.

"Bundle of Joy" cake.


Me and Tammy opening gifts.

Yesterday was our baby shower!
My mom and sister threw it for us.
It was at the Performing Arts Center in Munster.
Everything was pink and brown to match our colors!
About 54 people came out to support us.
It was so great to see everyone!
We got so many nice presents.
My favorites were the Royal Potty chair that plays music
The Ocean World aquarium
All of the bedroom stuff from my buddies at work
And the "How to take care of a kid" instruction book from Julie's husband.
It's the funniest book I've ever seen.
We ate chicken salad and fruit and soup and ice cream and other goodies.
I really, really, really wanted the spiked punch but my Mom wouldn't let me.
Now everything is sitting in my living room.
The room is now in progress...the primer is up and masking tape is on.
The Mexican Lesbian Posse is here to help paint.
Melissa is constructing the dresser.
Things are moving along.
According to my calendar...only 35 more days.
Even though to doctor said I was due on July 1st today.
Make up your mind lady.
I just want to thank my Mom and Julie for all of their hard work on the beautiful shower.
Everything looked so beautiful and everyone had a great time.
I really appreciate everyone's love and support in this journey.
My Mom really knows how to throw a party.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the colors pink and brown together!
The end is just about near, hang in there!

Congratulations again!

Abby

for_the_lonely said...

I love all of the colors as well! The cake was adorable, too!!! I saw your pics on flickr of all of your gifts..that little girl got a lot of loot! LOL ;) Can't wait to see her!!!

Hugs,
Sarah