Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Conversations With BJ

BJ was very talkative last night at our Cinco de Mayo dinner.
We found out that he now has a girlfriend...Hannah.
Don't worry...they haven't kissed yet.
But he was very excited to go to school today to see her.
Oye vey.

On the drive home from dinner we started talking...
BJ: Why did God make bad things?
Me: Well, I think it's like a game...he throws the bad things
in to see if we will make the right choices and do the right things
instead.
BJ: But why did he make Satan?
Me: I don't know BJ...there just has to be a bad guy I guess.
BJ: I wish we could write and send letters to God. You could, but
if you mailed it, it wouldn't get anywhere.
Me: Well...that's why we pray. God can hear you directly.
BJ: Yeah...that's better anyway.
pause
BJ: Writing letters is a lot of work. You have to have all those
capital letters and periods and punctuation and junk.

He cracks me up.