Thursday, May 15, 2008

New York Weekend

Rosie signing stuff for the rbloggers.

My flickr buddies...Arthur, KellyG, Me, Jyl, Liz and Michele.

Last week Tammy suprised me for Mother's Day.
I got to go to New York City to see Rosie in No, No Nanette!
How cool is that?
One of my flickr friends is pregnant and due around the same time as me.
At her last doctor appointment, they said she shouldn't travel.
So, Tammy hooked me up with her spot!
I know...getting on a plane and walking around NYC 8 months pregnant.
Craziness.
But I took it slow, relaxed and had a great time!
If I didn't feel up to going, trust me...I wouldn't have gone.
I flew out Friday morning.
I stayed at The Dream hotel with Liz and KellyG that night.
We had dinner at a cute diner where the wait staff sang.
Cutie Bobby paid for our dinner which was way uncalled for.
Went to the M&M store and ended up at a piano bar for drinks.
I enjoyed my Pepsi and water.
Saturday we slept in until 10ish.
Didn't leave the hotel until 1ish.
Hooked up with some other friends for lunch and I had the best hot dog.
Came back to the hotel to hang out and get ready for the show.
Then out to dinner with about 3o some other online friends.
How cool is that to meet everyone in 3D?
Everyone was really nice and excited to meet Rosie.
The play was great!
Sandy Duncan almost fell off the stage during one dance number!
And I spotted Sharon Gless in the audience.
After the show we got a special meet and greet with Rosie.
Her assistant, Kendal, gave us all rfamily backpacks full of cool stuff.
Everyone got to meet their hero and grab their hugs.
It was cool to see everyone's excitement.
On Mother's Day I flew back home in one piece.
It was a great little getaway!


2 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

It WAS a great little get a way and M and I SO enjoyed meeting you! Next time we must spend more time together!

Thanks for letting me rub the belly! :o)

Liz said...

it was fun! so glad you came! :)