Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good-Bye to S-101

My empty room.

Leftover textbooks.

Sign too high to take down.


The old darkroom.
What an emotional Friday.
By noon everything was ripped out of my classroom.
Gone.
The maintenance people are awesome.
They made things so easy.
The computer guys are all awesome.
They ripped everything out
And had everything re-hooked up in the new room by 2 p.m.
Except my color printer is broken.
Change can be a good thing.
Leaving S-101 after 9 years is hard.
That's where I started...my first real job.
I had no idea what I was doing...I wasn't even a real teacher.
I've taught approximatley 1,630 students in that room.
Wow.
That's a lot of photos.
Time to start a new chapter.

5 comments:

MamaD said...

Good luck in your new room!

Kim aka Mommy said...

You're right...change can be good. Enjoy it!

Liz said...

aww...that must have been hard-- nine years is a long time! wishing you much happiness in your new space! xo

Unknown said...

Wow! How sad! I didn't realize what a huge thing this was for you. What a major turning point. Change is hard.

Unknown said...

What a huge milestone! Change is hard.