Friday, May 27, 2011

The Largest Love I've Ever Known

I love this little girl soooo much.
She is my life.
I have no idea what I did before she existed.
I love her laugh.
I love her hugs.
I love her voice.
I love the way she chews.
I love her smell...good and bad!
I never thought I could love someone so much.

The other day before bed
She threw her arm around my neck and snuggled in really close.
I said, "I love you baby."
She said, "I'm not a baby...I'm Tristyn!"
I told her "baby" was like a nickname.
She said, "Ok...then I will call you sweetheart."

I love the way she opens the door for me and says,
"Here you go Your Magesty!"
I love the way she calls mosquitos...."gaweedos."
I love painting her nails.
I love getting her ready for bed.
I love reading books over and over and over again with her.
I love the way she makes up words to different songs.
I love the way she picks out absurd clothes to wear in the morning.
I love how she has to wear pink undies and throws a fit if they're not pink.
I love when she wears snow boots out in the rain.
I love putting on princess Boo-Boo Dan-Dans on fake boo boos.
I love how she wears her Ariel dress 3 out of the 5 days of the week.
I love making dinner together.
I love going to Jimmy Johms with her.
I love how kind she is to others...including animals.
I love when we go for walks and she smells the flowers and says, "Smells delicious!"
I love when she asks me to hold her.
I love when she randomly hugs me and tells me she loves me.
I love when she tells me that I'm her best buddy ever.
I love when she goes outside and finds the "banana moon."
I love when she pretends to take out her contacts...just like me.

I seriously never thought having a child would be this much fun.
I never thought I would have this much patience.
I never thought I would have this much energy.
I never thought she would grow up so quickly.
I love every minute
And want to continue loving every minute.

4 comments:

Historygrl said...

this is perhaps the sweetest thing I've ever read :)

Becky said...

Love, Love, LOVE this! :)

Sparroweye said...

No one can prepare you for the magnitude of bringing another soul into the world. You are forever changed and you become instantly more vulnerable. Because of course you would lay down your life for her. i know the feeling. Love your prose.

Rhonny said...

Carrie, I wish every mother felt this way about their child. You are a wonderful mom and you will forever be her best friend. All the time you are investing in her now, will only get better in the future. Keep up the great work, hug her for me and know you are the best mommy ever!