Monday, December 03, 2012

Exploding Heart

I know, I know...I haven't blogged in a loooong time.
I'm SORRY!
I have so much to write about, but Sarah said I had to write this story down NOW.

Yesterday we took the kids to the Shriner Circus in Hammond.
The show was a little awkward, but fun!
Tristyn and I went to Grandma's for dinner.
Tristyn didn't eat much...probably due to the large popcorn we shared.

On the way home, Tristyn asked if I could stop at Wendy's.
I told her, "No."
She had Wendy's a couple of times that week and should have eaten at Grandma's.

Cry, cry, cry.

We get into the house and she proceeds to tell me,
"You ruin everyday of my life!
I tried to be good and you ruined my day!
I asked nicely and  you said no!"

Keep in mind she is crying and yelling this at me.

"I said that we didn't have to go in to eat!
You EXPLODED my heart Mommy!"

I told her that what she was saying to me was hurting my feelings.
I was going to take a shower and she should calm down and think about what she said.

Cry. Cry. Cry.

In the end...we talked and hugged and apologized to one another.
I'm sure that was the first fight of many.

BUT I EXPLODED HER HEART!!!
All over denying her a small frosty.
Mother of the Year.

No comments: